Summer which is both hated and loved has arrived. With temperatures soaring and hot winds blowing, it becomes very difficult to cope during summers now-a-days. The best way to enjoy the flavours of summer is by being prepared to beat the heat.
This is the time of the year you can nourish your body and mind with delicious seasonal fruits like mangoes, watermelons, pineapples etc. which are loaded with variety of nutrients. These fruits not only make you healthy and feel refreshed but also help in making your skin glow and hair shine.
However, getting the best of out of summer depends on how you beat the heat and enjoy the offerings of the season. Here are some tips to stay cool and healthy during summer.
- One of the most important things during summer is staying hydrated. So, drink lots of fluids like water, fruit and vegetable juices etc. It will help you to retain the fluids lost while sweating. Carry a water bottle along with you whenever you step out of your house.
- Using an umbrella, hat and sunglasses will help you avoid direct contact with sunrays and keep you comfortable.
- Have a proper breakfast during summer as it prevents dizziness and low blood pressure. Have small but frequent meals during the hot days as it will keep you healthy.
- Stay away from heavy foods and focus on light and refreshing food options. Light meals are easy to digest making you feel comfortable during the summer season.
- To stay cool and comfortable, wear loose fitting cotton clothes and flip flops.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks, caffeine etc. during summer as they may speed up the loss of fluids.
- Avoid staying in closed, parked cars during summer which may lead to suffocation etc.
- Whenever you go out use sunscreen lotion adequately to prevent tan and rashes.
- Have lot of seasonal fruits and fresh vegetables to keep you fit and healthy.